Thursday, December 16

Frustration and Inspiration

Last night I was soooo frustrated with my clay - I didn't even want to be in the same room as it! I have been trying to get some Christmas ornaments done for the Dayton Guild meeting coming up Saturday, and designed them (mine and Steve's - the ornaments frustrated him out of wanting to even do them it seems) I made his using techniques he would maybe enjoy, and I liked the way my sample came out. Now time to make the mass production.. BLECH. I remember why I don't do craft shows... I like to make one of a kind stuff, not mass produced items. I get sooooooo bored and quickly. I just gave up, the crystals didn't behave, tools went missing, and the clay just wasn't working for me! I left the room last night and didn't turn back.

This morning, I was wandering around the web while my work system rebooted and I saw some of my Flickr people had posted - seeing other's work tends to inspire me. I really wanted to run down and get my hands in the clay again. Thanks to all my friends on Flickr - those ornaments should be a snap tonight!

No comments: