Thursday, October 27

News from the Fronts

So many blogs seem to have this post, and I felt left out -

Wow, it has been awhile since I posted anything. :)

Life has been hectic, and my perfectionism has really delayed me in getting my stuff together.

Well, I started my business, filled out all the forms and licenses and such. I ordered mailing envelopes and boxes. I even planned on the look of the box design. I set up an Etsy account, a personal website and bought a new camera, got a light box and even filed taxes (easier than I expected, since nothing has been put up for sale yet) - I have even made a few items for sale, and that was where my perfectionism silenced me with a delay, which dragged on and on and on.

I commit now when we return from vacation, that I will be posting more, and getting my pictures up on Flickr and my website . Also, I plan on tweaking some of the website items to get it a bit better.

Yep, November (almost a year after starting it) my business will need to pick up - and at least, I avoid the downfall of many businesses that end in their first year. LOL

In less than 24 hours we start the vacation we have been planning for over four years! Our great-niece and godchild Chenoa's fifth birthday trip to Disneyworld! This is more than a chance to spoil the heck out of her, it is teaching a valuable lesson about keeping promises. We promised her at her 1st birthday that she will be celebrating her 5th birthday with Mickey Mouse! And years of planning are allowing us to keep that promise - big time. I have a special time with her planned, we are going to a princess tea party!

And on the WOW front, my alt hit 85 yesterday. Finally, after quite a few years (we started a few months after it went live with our primaries - which are still in the mid-60's). :) But, that felt great to accomplish.

Oh, and I won't be doing Nanowrimothis year. I won two years (Thicker than Water and Terra Infirma), and a few months ago finally dragged out my manuscript and started re-reading it with the idea to get it edited for submitting in a year or so. It wasn't as horrid as I expected, but the story arc seemed really crazy. After reviewing Thicker than Water, I think I have a trilogy trying to fold itself into one story - some parts seemed SO rushed and needed expanding, others seemed to be a natural break. So, I have Steve reading it and checking what he thinks and will be working on that also.

Yep, tons of life, not very public - but I learned much over the year.

No comments: